Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - Cakes



Today is going to be a short-ish post, consisting mostly of pictures. Now ya'll know I like to bake, so, naturally, wedding cakes (and confections in general) excite me. Don't tell Ty, but I already have the cake stand for our wedding :) - along with some fabric for table runners, sashes, etc., - plus 2 beverage canisters. Who cares if it's 1 1/2-2 years away? I like to plan! :) Anywho, here are a few of my cake ideas/picks in all of their sugary beautiful glory...


This might be my favorite one! You can't tell much from this picture, but there are mini white dots all over.

This one is so cozy and rustic...definitely a fave, as well.


Very classic and soft. Maybe add an espresso brown letter C to the middle oval?

I love damask; that's all there is to it!


For the groom's cake, Ty has mentioned he would like his precious grandmother to make his. She makes a to-die-for coconut cake, which would be great for a spring or summer affair, but in October...it doesn't seem very seasonal, ha! I personally could totally see him having a cool little "golf-themed" grooms cake, or maybe a UTor P hilidephia Eagles one. Who knows! We'll cross that bridge when we come to it! :)


Happy Hump Day! xoxo-C


Photos courtesy of The Knot and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment