Thursday, May 3, 2012

She thinks she's "all that"

 Do any...
 ...of these...
 ...pictures...
bring back memories?

If you are a 90's girl, they should! As I was aimlessly flipping through channels one weeknight (to get to SYTTD:Bridesmaids :) ), I couldn't help but notice the names of some of the shows on Disney, Nick, and other kids channels. A.N.T. Farm? Shake It Up? The Legend of Korra? Bubble Guppies? What are these foreign names you speak of?!? And where did the good shows ever go?

When I was in elementary school, I remember watching what I'll refer to as "the good stuff"...i.e.: My Brother & Me, Lizzy McGuire, The Wild Thornberrys, Doug, Pepperann, All That, Rocket Power...almost every show on Disney and Nick were GOLD! (Ok, maybe not Angelina Anaconda or Cow & Chicken...but I guess we can forgive them.)

All around, 90's kids had some pretty sa-weet things that we can brag about: POGS, Surge soda, Wonderballs, scrunchies, jelly sandals, Dunkaroos, Furbies, Nanopets, Beanie Babies, Boy Meets World (that deserves a whole seperate entry)...

Everything today is so technology-centered (as I sit here on my pink laptop typing away...haha! Foot. in. mouth.) But really...children today have a hard time focusing without some form of computer aid or technological interpretation.  I know that for a fact, because my mom has taught 2nd grade for over 25 years. I remember nothing being more exciting than getting to play in the PlayPlace at McDonald's or Arby's or pick out a new GroovyGirl or American Girl doll and being whisked away into make-believe doll land for hours upon hours. Ahhh... :)

Then again, children today will probably be saying the exact same thing about their generation 10 years from now! ;)

To each their own! God bless!

xoxo-C

No comments:

Post a Comment