Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baking in gym clothes

Today has been a pretty smooth, easy Thursday. Weather has been great, had a killer workout at the gym, and came home to work on some A&P while snuggled up with pup watching David Tutera's My Fair Wedding (love that show!).




It goes without saying that I am a Pinterest addict. I found this interesting recipe on there one day for a VitaMuffin copcat. In case you don't know what a VitaMuffin is, it's a good-for-you 100-110 calorie muffin full of fiber and other nutrients. My favorite is the Deep Chocolate.


You can buy them at places like Whole Foods and Publix, but they aren't very cheap! So when I found this recipe, I definitely wanted to make them! Like I said, it is on Pinterest, but the original source is http://www.dashingdish.com/. These are only 116 calories and they're pretty "clean" too!

So after I came home from the gym, I started making these chocolatelicious babies.
You start off by mixing all the called-for ingredients in a blender, which I was a little skeptical about, but hey - it worked!Then, you add in some chocolate chips, but reserve some for sprinkling on the top. I used dark chocolate chips...yum!Annnnnd - voila! Your end result is an insanely moist VitaMuffin copycat, dubbed the "Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin." Sounds like junk food, right? Nope! Not at all!


Try 'em out for yourself, ya'll!


xoxo-C





1 comment: